Fast Running Blog
May 09, 2024, 04:41:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Banter and Hype, banter and hype ha ha ha banter hype!  (Read 9754 times)
Superfly
Frequently Posting Member

« on: September 20, 2010, 02:57:21 pm »

Just try singing this form title. It's kind of catchy. Anyways with the big fall races already underway it's that time of year again to see some predictions, suggestions, brotherly love, and oh yes banter and hype.
As for my race (st. george marathon) it looks like a pretty solid field of guys around the 2:20-2:24 area. I looked at the list a few weeks ago and notable names are: forgive my spelling- Aaron Metler, Peter Veil, Matt Harmer, the Moody kid from UVU, Dave Holt, Logan Fielding, Sasha, Canada's own Pepi Peterson, some second tier Kenyan, Ben Van Beckham, and about 7 other names I can't remember right now. Anyone else know of anyone coming down for blood?
What about the second group of guys like Walter, Jeff S, Steve Hooper, Steve O and more?
Also the the ladies side should be fun too. Lets line em' up and do some strategic analysis before the race even starts.

BANTER AND HYPE! Tongue
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 02:59:12 pm by Superfly » Logged
James Moore
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 05:58:47 pm »

Well just to put your fears to rest, I will not be there this year. I will be running the Layton half though and I think I'm in 1:11 shape right now. I'd love to see some other top runners there.
James Moore
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 06:00:43 pm »

I will say that I've lost to Moody twice recently and I bet he could go sub 2:25 at St George (because I think I could and I think he's better than me).
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 07:08:16 am »

I like that Behunin kid.
jtshad

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 07:53:08 am »

I am shooting for sub 2:30 at St. George and trying to challenge for the Master's title with the likes of Pepi Peterson and Ken Pliska...two tough runners!  Hopefully everything will be a go on race day.  Looking forward to seeing all the FRB'ers at the race and running with you guys!

Other notables up front would include Greg Harris, Garrett Stewart, Jose Martinez and Jeff Huxhold from the names I recognize over the years.  Is Sasha running this year (I assume so but he is not on the registration list)?
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 09:09:44 am »

I don't think Sasha is running.
Superfly

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 11:00:02 am »

Paul- shh
Greg Harris
Lurker

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 11:10:48 am »

No front running for me this year.  I have been at 52-58 mpw for the last 10 weeks.  It has been nice backing off the miles some this year even though I wish I was in sub 2:30 shape now.  I might set the SGM record for best time while never running 60 mpw.  Garrett and I plan to hit 2:35 (1:19 first half, 1:16 second half)  Anyone that wants to hit 2:35, let us know.  We can get a good group going.
Greg Harris
Lurker

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 11:12:25 am »

P.S. Thank you Clyde for not even putting me in the second tier of runners.  I'm putting my money on Dave not you:)
Superfly

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 11:25:29 am »

Greg you were in the " and more" lump group.
Superfly

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 11:51:29 am »

And your right about Dave. He and Logan are running really really good right now. So if I can just keep them in sight during the race I'll be happy.
Greg Harris
Lurker

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 12:39:39 pm »

Oh stop being so modest Clyde.  After your 7 mile "tempo" when I ran with you guys, you are certainly ready to roll.
James Holt
Lurker

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 12:49:34 pm »

Thanks for including me in one of those groups! Im quitting the blog forever now that I know no one cares. Id love to see Dave take it home this year but I'll be happy if any Southern Utahn does it (yes, including Clyde).
Superfly

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2010, 01:49:53 pm »

OMG... James Holt!!!! I didn't forget about you James I just forgot to put you on the list... and my list was just a start anyways. I feel sheepish for leaving out the southern Utah guys... Hey I have a head cold and am not thinking clearly.
But YES James is clearly due for a great race in less than a couple weeks.
Dave Holt
Posting Member

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2010, 03:03:40 pm »

I like that Behunin kid.
I like him too, but we are talking running here!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: