Fast Running Blog
May 10, 2024, 01:18:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's going to Boston 2011?  (Read 7376 times)
Mike Davis
Vocal Lurker

« on: October 18, 2010, 07:06:46 pm »

I hope some of you were as eager to register as I was and got in early. I've really been looking forward to meeting my virtual friends.

-Mike

Running without hills is like motorcycling without corners.
dave rockness
Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 07:11:12 pm »

I'm in- definitely will look out for the guy in flames!
Mike Davis
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 07:22:56 pm »

I was hoping we could have a little blogger get-together before or after the race. It looks like it might be really little now. I can't believe it sold out that fast!

-Mike

Jose Jimenez
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 08:09:09 am »

I am in.  I tried five times but then got in at 7:07am.  Lots of people had problems getting in.  It really sucks for people in the East coast who had to register during work hours.  It is probably time to tighten up standards.  I also think the idea of allowing sub 3 marathoners to register early is a good one.  It will be interesting to see how BAA responds.
Dale
Posting Member

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 11:56:44 am »

I'm going.  Anyone have recommendations on where to stay?  I'm a cheap SOB so I'm having trouble swallowing the whole $300/night room rates in the Back Bay area.  But I do need to make sure my wife can successfully navigate while I'm off running that day.  Suggestions welcomed.
jtshad
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 12:51:13 pm »

I stayed at the Doubletree Downtown and the Hilton Financial district, both good hotels and great locations (within 1 mile of the Common). 
dave rockness
Posting Member

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010, 04:05:33 pm »

I just pick a 3+ star hotel through priceline.com and then zone in on an area near where the action is.  Last year I got the "Club Quarters" 2-3 blocks from the shuttle service (near Fanuel Hall) for $150/night and stuffed my family all in one room.  It certainly beat taking a shuttle from south shore the year before (Quincy) to then take another shuttle to Hopkinton. 
Michael Laputka
Lurker

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010, 09:34:50 pm »

I was so excited to register I've been counting down the days, I even took the morning off work.  Glad I did, If I would have waited until after work, I'd be cancelling my hotel room and air fare right now.
Kimberly
Lurker

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 02:40:16 pm »

I'M IN!!!! It's my first and I am soooo excited! It took me 8 tries before my registration would go through.
Alicia Christie
Lurker

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010, 09:17:28 pm »

I'm in.  I tried about 5 times at 9:30am monday and it finally went through after I waited until noon.  I'm very excited.  I'm staying near the finish line at Nine Zero Kimpton Hotel.  I got that room about a month and a half ago and just barely got a room.  The regular rate rooms were booked, but they had senior rates left and my parents booked the room and they're going with me.
Scott Hughes
Lurker

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2010, 03:20:13 pm »

I am going too! I tried at least 50 times before getting smart and going to tweeter and facebook and finding another link, got in first try with the new link. Got my official confirmation of acceptance card in the mail a few days ago. This may be my first and last Boston...who knows. If standards tighten too much I will be right on the bubble. Well maybe when I go over to the 55-59 age group I can make it.
My goal is to first enjoy the whole experience and second if the planets line up have a BQ time as well.
Kam
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2011, 03:41:21 pm »

I'm going.  My mom and sister also qualified, but sis didn't click submit and missed out.  It would be fun to meet...
Mike Davis
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2011, 03:17:39 pm »

Does anyone that has been there before have any suggestions on where or when to meet up?

-Mike

Mike Davis
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2011, 07:24:19 pm »

Is anybody still interested in meeting up in Boston? I'll be in town from Saturday the 16th until Tuesday the 19th.

-Mike

Mike Davis
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2011, 06:13:48 pm »

Several bloggers are planning to meet at the Radisson lobby on Saturday at 6pm and walk somewhere nearby for dinner. Hope to see lots of you there.

-Mike

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: