Fast Running Blog
May 12, 2024, 10:51:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alicia Shay to give talk in Logan, UT  (Read 2690 times)
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« on: April 09, 2010, 11:12:12 am »

I thought the folks in northern Utah might be interested in this:

Date: April 13, 2010

Time: 7p.m. to 9p.m.

Event Description
-“Running for my Life” a presentation by Alicia Shay will be held Tuesday night from 7p.m. to 9p.m. @ Bridger Elementary School (1261 N 400 West)in Logan. In 2007, Ryan Shay collapsed during the U.S. Olympic Men’s Marathon Trials in New York City. Ryan, one of the most highly-trained and successful runners in the world, died without warning of a sudden heart attack. His wife of only 4 months, Alicia, also a competitive runner at the peak of an outstanding career, experienced one of the most challenging events encountered. The emotional, physical and spiritual struggles that followed have tested Alicia’s heart, mind and soul beyond imagine. While her healing continues, her experiences and attitude serve as a profound example of resiliency and courage. Her presentation is free to the public. Race for Life Initiative stickers will be available for purchase and donations will be accepted in support of this research and educational program.
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 11:58:14 am »

Thanks for the post. Too bad Logan is too far away from Provo and it is so late.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 12:09:25 pm »

I had the same thoughts (although I substitute "Smithfield" for "Provo"). And I'm usually in bed by 9:30PM, so it gets dangerously close to my bedtime. But I figured other, less loser-ish people might want to go.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 09:09:01 pm »

I would be interested, but have a church meeting at 7.  Looks like Allie or Scott or Cody or Joe will have to represent.

Although you excuse IS pretty lame, Paul- 10 minutes away from your house, and too close to your bedtime???
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: