Fast Running Blog
May 12, 2024, 10:17:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Running after biopsy  (Read 2409 times)
Michelle Lowry
Frequently Posting Member

« on: September 16, 2011, 05:34:01 am »

Of course, I have a mass on the back of my upper thigh (back, between ham and glute), and the doctor today advised biopsy.  She said no running afterward til it healed.  Biopsies are pretty superficial, though, right?  This is a traditional HK doctor, no real sympathy for a runner in her most important training cycle ever.  The lump is close to the surface. 

So do I get the biopsy to be safe, but just take a day and a half off, then bleed through my stitched Prefontaine-style?  I need some pretty serious advice here.
Eric Day
Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 11:53:38 am »

I went through a biopsy, but mine was kidney, so it was much deeper. I felt fine within a couple of hours of the 'surgery'. But Dr. wanted to make sure the kidney was ok (no internal bleeding).
I think that after a superficial biopsy, you could run, just as long as the cut is small, and you heal properly and fast. Some people with 'thin' blood take longer to heal. Don't eat garlic before and right after, its a natural blood thinner.
It will be like running: listen to you body. If it hurts, dont do it or continue doing it. You should be fine.
Go for the biopsy, get things cleared up. It better to be safe than sorry.
Anyways, a day or two off should be great !
Rambojr
Lurker

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 03:29:18 pm »

Get the Biopsy Kiddo!!! Let us know how it goes too!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: