Fast Running Blog
May 12, 2024, 11:09:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Course Tool Update  (Read 4533 times)
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« on: December 07, 2007, 07:11:21 pm »

I've added the tracking of total elevation loss and gain, as well as net elevation loss/gain to the Course Tool output. I also charted out the St. Jude Course - it has over 1100 feet of gain, and consequently over 1100 feet of loss. All those rollers do add up, even though the race is being advertised as flat. The Trial's course has over 2000 feet of gain and the same amount of loss. Runworks says St. Jude is about 2 minutes slower than a level course, and about 2 minutes faster than the Trials.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 04:40:11 pm »

Cool. Currently, I use the Course Tool to generate elevations, then I copy and paste the table into Excel to create a profile graph. It works quite well, but requires an extra software tool. Any plans to incorporate profile graphs directly  into the course tool?
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 10:48:58 am »

On my TODO list.
Adam R Wende
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 01:33:16 pm »

Is there a way for us to directly upload Garmin info into the course tool? I haven't played with it much so I don't know the tools limitations...
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 02:56:09 pm »

If you can figure out how to get a GPX file out of Garmin, you can upload it to the Course Tool using the file upload. I believe Cody figured it out.
Dale
Posting Member

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 08:06:24 pm »

You can convert your GTC .tcx files into GPX using the converter at http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/convert?convert_output=gpx

You usually have to split your entire history file into pieces using the Forerunner splitter at http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/forerunner/

Disclaimer:  I haven't used this site since GTC 3.2.1, so it's possible Garmin has tweaked it's XML format and broken the conversion.
Adam R Wende
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 08:13:59 pm »

Thank you Dale. I'll give it a try. I've been running the SLC marathon course so much I figured I'd try and save myself some time and do it this way instead. Ideally I would run the course a few times average the data and then upload however I don't have time to play with it right now. It is on my to do list though...
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 08:21:51 pm »

The course tool will also import .kml (Google Earth format), which you can output from SportTracks. I think the newer versions of Training Center might have .kml export as well.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: