Fast Running Blog
June 08, 2024, 09:36:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Marathon Training Advice/Quotes from Elite Athletes, Coaches and Fellow Bloggers  (Read 11927 times)
Ted Leblow
Posting Member

"Don't give up...don't ever give up." - Jimmy V.

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2007, 10:51:01 am »

"Marathoning is like cutting yourself unexpectedly.  You dip into the pain so gradually that the damage is done before you are aware of it. Unfortunately, when the awareness comes, it is excruciating."
          - John Farrington, Australian marathoner

"We are different, in essence, from other men.  If you want to win something, run 100 meters.  If you want to experience something, run a marathon."
          -Emil Zatopek

"The marathon's about being in contention over the last 10K.  That's when it's about what you have in your core.  You have run all the strength, all the superficial fitness out of yourself, and it really comes down to what's left inside you.  To be able to draw deep and pull something out of yourself is one of the most tremendous things about the marathon."
          - Rob de Castella
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2007, 11:45:59 am »

"If someone says, 'Hey, I ran 100 miles this week.  How far did you run?' ignore him!  What the h#ll difference does it make?....  The magic is in the man, not the 100 miles."
          - Bill Bowerman

Keep it family-friendly Ted! ;-)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 01:33:02 pm by Paul Petersen » Logged
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2007, 11:56:09 am »

Keep it family-friendly Ted! ;-)
What the *&!?- swearing isn't allowed on this blog!
Ted Leblow
Posting Member

"Don't give up...don't ever give up." - Jimmy V.

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2007, 08:10:10 pm »

Ok, I was bored and just thought it would be fun to put a few quotes on for all to enjoy. I didn't catch that one but I have heard much worse in the middle of races, in Utah of all places. I won't say by whom. I have also heard much worse on the side lines at BYU football games and from a BYU coach. I know Paul and Jon are probably joking but just in case anyone was offended I apoligize and have fixed it.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2007, 09:08:54 pm »

Ted, I was COMPLETELY kidding.  Never take anything I say seriously.  Except when I am acting serious, in which case you REALLY shouldn't take me seriously.  No worries.  I'm sure no one was offended.  Keep the quotes coming- I love em.
Scott Zincone
Posting Member

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2007, 05:00:13 am »

Ted, you forgot to list the quote you use below your road runner picture from Jimmy V.  I never get tired of hearing his speech.  And with the wonder of YouTube it can be heard with the click of a mouse http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePXlkqkFH6s

Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2008, 11:57:11 am »

Bump- thought everyone might enjoy reading these again after this weekend.
James Winzenz
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2008, 11:08:53 am »

I especially liked the one from Emil Zatopek - ". . . if you want to experience something, run a marathon."  I sure experienced something . . . pain!  There ought to be some sort of quote about there being two types of people who repeatedly run marathons:  masochists and slow learners  Tongue
Kory Wheatley
Posting Member

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2008, 10:11:24 am »

Nice quotes... all really point to staying dedicated and focused for what goals you've laid out for yourself.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: