Fast Running Blog
June 21, 2024, 02:27:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Improve pacing and running time  (Read 2360 times)
Ina
Lurker

« on: September 22, 2008, 07:21:18 am »

Hi everyone,
I'm wondering if someone could give me some advice on how to pace myself. I'm 13 and my mile time is 6:47min. However my 3.2k time is 15:55min. My coach says I need to work on pacing but I dont know how.

Any one can give we some advice on how to pace myself or improve my times?
Dave Holt
Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 01:25:14 pm »

The biggest thing about pacing is that it comes with experience and more running.  Once-in-awhile, run on a course where you have a few things marked out at some set interval and time yourself as you run (not trying to pick up the pace, but to learn what the pace you are going feels like).  Then in races, you begin to translate this into more consistent pacing.
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 02:20:52 pm »

If it physically possible for you to pace yourself way too wrong, the problem is not that you do not know how to pace, but rather that you simply lack the endurance to go the right pace. Your body knows your potential, so it tries it, but the conditioning is not there to support it.

To improve the conditioning, get out 6 days a week and jog comfortably. At your age, probably 4 miles a day is good.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: