Fast Running Blog
June 27, 2024, 09:10:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TOU 1/2  (Read 3450 times)
Bonnie
Posting Member

« on: August 21, 2008, 04:20:40 pm »

Who is going to be in Logan this weekend?

I know this course is not as fast as Hobble Creek, but does look pretty downhill ... how hard are the downhills (I am not a very good downhill runner)? 

Good luck everyone at Hobble Creek!
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 04:31:01 pm »

Let see...

I will be there, as will Jon, Cody, Walter, Sasha, Seth, Emily...those are the bloggers I can think of off the top of my head. I'm really looking forward to it.

The downhill is not bad. The canyon actually has a few short uphill portions as well, so it is not a smooth drop. There is nothing as steep as St. George, and it is more similar to Ogden. By Mile 7 or so, it levels out to a very mellow downhill (not noticeable), and then you get a 1+ mile uphill from Mile 10.5-12 or so, and a nice downhill again for the last mile. The second half is pretty honest. Also, most years you will get a tailwind coming out of the canyon that can boost things.
Bonnie
Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 05:16:40 pm »

Cool!  It will be great to see all of you, I did not see much chatter about it so it is nice to see there will be a good showing there!

Darren Tintle
Lurker

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 09:41:37 pm »

With my BIL and little sister.  My IT band has been killing me, however.

Good luck everyone!
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 09:35:23 am »

http://hjnews.townnews.com/articles/2008/08/24/sports/sports03.txt

FRB and St. George Running Center got some press in the local paper when Seth mentioned he ran for them.  6 of the top 8 guys were from the FRB.  Though this may be the first article in blog history that talkes about a race and mentions the FRB without talking about Sasha (even though he was in the race).  Shocked
Jose Jimenez
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 01:01:54 pm »

I'll be there.  My daughter will be running her first 5K (she's 13) and I will be running my first-ever Marathon.  Hopefully it is a fun time for both of us.  I'll make sure to introduce myself to all that I see with a Fast Running Blog shirt.  Good luck to all of you. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: