Fast Running Blog
June 28, 2024, 10:25:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Ragnear Relay Del Sol (AZ)  (Read 10616 times)
Kelli
Vocal Lurker

« on: August 05, 2008, 01:47:54 pm »

Is there anyone out there interested in doing this race??  We have 4-5 people from our neighborhood (we all did the WBR together) who want to do it, but, as you know, we need 12!  It is not a definite, but if we could get 12, we would go! 

We are not super fast and are just doing it for fun (and motivation to run through the winter).  Of the three who FOR SURE want to do it, I would say our avg. pace is an 8:30-9 minute mile.

The scorpions and rattlesnakes of AZ scare me even more than the moose that scared the tar out of me during WBR, but I could handle it, right???
Adam R Wende
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 09:10:42 pm »

You can handle it and you will love it. I did Del Sol before WBR and they were both fun and both had their unique perks.
Jody Hinton
Lurker

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 09:43:11 pm »

Kelli,

I would be interested.  Let me know the dates and I will see what my husband's schedule is like.  It would be a lot of fun!  Thanks
Kelli
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 04:05:33 pm »

Kelli,

I would be interested.  Let me know the dates and I will see what my husband's schedule is like.  It would be a lot of fun!  Thanks

February 27th and 28th.  I can think of no better way to spend my 35th Birthday (and my daughter's 4th)!!!
Jason Haddock
Lurker

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 08:04:11 pm »

We took a company sponsored team and ran the Del Sol relay this past February.  I think its much more fun than the WB!  The course is much more flat and there aren't nearly as many people.  We started out with 15 people planning to go but since it is a winter race we had a number of people that got sick or didn't train enough and dropped out at the last minute.  We recruited a couple of military guys last minute and made the trip.  I'd be interested in doing it again.

A few guys from my office have been talking about doing Del Sol again.  I'll kick the idea around with some people at the office. 
Kelli
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 09:26:25 pm »

We took a company sponsored team and ran the Del Sol relay this past February.  I think its much more fun than the WB!  The course is much more flat and there aren't nearly as many people.  We started out with 15 people planning to go but since it is a winter race we had a number of people that got sick or didn't train enough and dropped out at the last minute.  We recruited a couple of military guys last minute and made the trip.  I'd be interested in doing it again.

A few guys from my office have been talking about doing Del Sol again.  I'll kick the idea around with some people at the office. 

Cool Jason!  We are up to 6 and we are SERIOUS!!!  We want to do it.  Let me know.
Lybi
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 11:21:06 pm »

Hey, scorpions are just bugs.  On TV they always look like huge horrible things, but honestly they are not going to bother anyone on a run!  And I've lived here 5 years and never encountered a wild rattlesnake.  I LOVE this idea of having another Del Sol team with normal humans on it. 
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 07:12:00 am »

Normal humans?  Normal?  We who run 180 miles through the night for no good reason?
Jody Hinton
Lurker

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 06:11:07 pm »

Kelli,

I should be good to go - just keep me updated
Lybi
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2008, 09:18:42 pm »

Yea Jody!  I'll get to meet you!
Jason Haddock
Lurker

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008, 07:38:28 pm »

Kelli,

In talking with some guys at work, we could easily come up with 6 runners to do Del Sol again.  Our avg. pace would probably we somewhere around 8:00 to 8:30 min/mile. What if we were to sponsor and pay for expenses for 1 van and your group were to sponsor and pay for expenses for the other van?  Last year we flew down, rented vans at the airport, and stayed at a hotel in Wickenburg near the start of the race.  As soon as the race was over we jetted back to the airport and came home to a blinding snowstorm!

If it sounds interesting let me know: jrhaddock@gmail.com

Jason
Kelli
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2008, 01:41:01 pm »

It took me all of this time to realize that I spelled RAGNAR wrong.  DA!  Me and my typos.

I sent you an e-mail, Jason.
Kory Wheatley
Posting Member

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2008, 02:46:35 pm »

Ragnar is definitely an awesome experience that I would like to do next your again.
Kelli
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2008, 08:55:14 pm »

New Member here... I'm about to move from west of Phoenix, AZ to Mesquite, NV.  A few members of my local (Phoenix) running group (SWVR on Yahoo) are doing RAGNAR.  They would gladly answer any queries and provide local assistance if needed (if not I'll twist their arm for you).

Gary (AKA Barbie)
old and slow with a limp

Thanks!!  We may be getting to that point very soon.  We have not thought about it much lately, but we have a team!
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2008, 10:05:20 pm »

There is a FRB team that has done it 2 years in a row, too, so they can help answer questions. 
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: