Fast Running Blog
June 16, 2024, 05:31:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Safe running in Anaheim  (Read 3596 times)
Michelle Lowry
Frequently Posting Member

« on: August 03, 2008, 07:36:28 am »

I will be right by Disneyland for my next four runs and was wondering if anyone had any experience running around there.  I will have limited time, so I can't drive to the beach or drive any more than a few minutes from my hotel.  Any tips would be helpful.  Even though I am a native Californian running there can be scary, depending on the location.
dave rockness
Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 07:59:02 am »

I used to live in Newport Beach.  You're pretty much surrounded by cement.  2 suggestions...1) There's the Santa Ana Riverbed which leads to the ocean.  You would need to ask for directions from the hotel.  2) Find a local high school or community college and use their track...personally, that's what I would do. 

AndyBrowning
Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 09:03:05 am »

We stayed just outside the park a couple of years ago and I went running around the area.  I can't remember where I went but I do remember it being very visually uninspiring.  I wouldn't have gone where I did if I where a woman (this is not intended to be sexist).  The treadmill in the hotel might be a good option.
Josse
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 09:34:02 am »

I just ran around Disneyland when I was thier last year.  I never felt unsafe, but just stayed right on the border of Disneyland.  You could do some laps of that, I remeber it being very pretty and people along the way the whole time.
Scott Zincone
Posting Member

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 12:06:53 pm »

When I go out of town I will check out www.mapmyrun.com to find some routes others have done.  There may be some on there you can check out.

Craig Green
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 10:02:23 am »

The last time I went there, I ran on the Santa Ana riverbed in the morning. There was a running group of about 50 people that met there on Tuesday morning around 7:00am, so keep an eye out for them. The riverbed is about a mile or two from the hotels around Disneyland. Seems like I just drove there and parked because I didn't want to run on the busy road to get there.
Paul (RivertonPaul)
Posting Member

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 02:59:14 pm »

I'm just a boring treadmill runner.
Mark Olson
Lurker

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008, 11:06:51 am »

Personally, I would feel safe running anywhere around Disneyland, but that is my old backyard.  I grew up walking distance from the park. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: