Fast Running Blog
June 06, 2024, 02:48:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: U.S. Olympic Track & Field Trials  (Read 5490 times)
Scott Zincone
Posting Member

« on: June 30, 2008, 09:38:20 pm »

I just watched the men's 800 final.  What an awesome race!  I was watching Nick Symmonds and just knew he was in trouble of getting boxed in with 300 to go.  Then in the last 150 someone ignited rockets in his shoes because he took off.  Unbelievable kick.  Turns out 1,2, & 3 were all Oregonians and hit the "A" standard. 

Looking forward to the 5000 final very shortly.  It has already been worth staying up late for.

Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 08:18:36 am »

I like Symmonds. I always try to cheer for the D-III guys.
James Winzenz
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 02:45:12 pm »

I didn't get to watch the coverage last night, but I did record it.   And you can ask Lybi, I have been taking every possible opportunity to watch coverage of the Trials.  So far, it has been absolutely awesome.  I even like the Tracktown USA commercials . . .
Scott Zincone
Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 03:03:40 pm »

How about the VISA commercial when the runner gets hurt and his Dad comes out and helps him cross the finish line.  I remember watching it years ago, but had forgotten about it until the commercial.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fDsigCRtoyg&feature=related

adam

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 04:10:13 pm »

I'm wishing I had stayed up to watch it...I went to bed early to be ready to run in the morning, but ended up not sleeping to well anyways.

Now all I get is these lame pictures of what I heard were amazing races to watch.
Bonnie
Posting Member

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 04:18:03 pm »

Comcast or USA blocked our coverage!  I could not find it anywhere last night.  I taped the previous two days so I guess I will have to watch them again ... did anyone else here in SLC have trouble with the coverage?
Scott Zincone
Posting Member

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 05:56:07 pm »

We had a bad storm the other night, while it was on, which disrupted our satellite reception.  I went online and found you can watch it at nbcolympics.com.  Its a simulcast, so they only show it live at the same time the network shows it.

Glen
Lurker

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 07:22:14 pm »

That was, without a doubt, the best 800 I've ever seen!  Well worth staying up late to watch.  I'm 2 hours south of Eugene and yet still have to stay up past midnight to watch coverage.  Oh well, it's worth it every four years.
Steve Morrin
Posting Member

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 10:26:47 pm »

I agree with everyone with how amazing the 800 was. By the way, has anyone else heard about the five high school athletes that are in the Olympic Trials. I was amazed at how many made it. Let's see if any of them can make the team. Three have already not made it. It's just down to Jordan Hasay and Christina Babcock in the 3000.
Glen
Lurker

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 09:49:20 am »

I've been searching the internet for 2 days trying to find the mens 800.  It's not on NBC, Youtube, flotrack, etc.  Finally found it:

http://www.ktvb.com/video/index.html?nvid=259399

Enjoy!
Maria Imas
Lurker

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 10:05:27 am »

And I cannot get any coverage, because I'm in UK! Needless to say, it's not broadcast on TV here, and I can't watch WCSN or any other live webcasts, because they are blocked outside the US. I tried to be clever and get in via a proxy server, but all I got was a hanging connection Sad. All I can do is read recaps on Let's Run site and watch recording after the fact.

As a small consolation, I can watch lots of Wimbledon action live. But of course, it's not the same as track.
Michelle Lowry

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008, 02:32:24 pm »

Glen thanks so much for the video post.  What an amazing race!!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: