Fast Running Blog
June 15, 2024, 10:23:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chafing (sp?)  (Read 5280 times)
Christina Robinson
Lurker

« on: May 24, 2008, 04:12:14 pm »

It seems like on runs longer than 10 miles, I chafe a lot, mostly inner thigh and where my sports bra rubs.  What's the best way to take care of or prevent this from happening?
Bonnie
Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 04:26:37 pm »

There are products for this (Body Glide is one of the most popular) - but for me good ole vaseline works best.
Ruth Hilton
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 04:27:42 pm »

Petroleum Jelly....
Dallen
Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 04:52:29 pm »

Body glide is one of the greatest inventions ever.
James Winzenz
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 08:35:50 am »

Body glide is one of the greatest inventions ever.
Can't agree with this more . . . any time i have run a long race, I use it, and I don't chafe.  Period.  I am in the same boat with you, though, if I run longer than a certain distance and don't use something, I *will* have chafing.
Lulu
Lurker

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 06:47:35 pm »

careful when using vaseline or petroleum jelly. It doesn't come out of clothes. It may appear to at first, then if you wash it with anything with any free dirt in it, you'll know. That spot will attract it.

Body glide works great and doesn't tend to wear off like vaseline, PJ or aquaphor.

Lulu
Laurie Pope
Lurker

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 09:07:39 am »

I like the sport glide it is a roll on type similar to body glide but have liked it better.  I also carry the sample tube of aquaphor on every run.  It is so tiny plus it's free to hit any spots that start to show up.
Fredrick Teichert
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 09:00:44 pm »

I thought when I lost weight the insides of my legs would stop chafing. Nope! I also have problems in my arm pits and the delicate parts of my chest. I use 2toms Sport Shield roll on. Have any of you used it on your feet to prevent blisters? I know it works when skin rubs against skin, but I'm not so sure about fabric.
Maria Imas
Lurker

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 11:57:46 am »

I use BodyGlide to help with bra chafing, but for the thighs I gave up and just run in long fitness/bike shorts. I found that regular running shorts always ride up on me, regardless of how long they are.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2008, 12:07:16 pm »

Before marathons, I spray some New Skin on my feet- it provides a barrier that prevents blisters.  I imagine you could use it every day if you want.  It takes a while to dry, but should stay on for a few days at a time.
Kory Wheatley
Posting Member

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2008, 04:25:40 pm »

Vaseline works great, and I've never had problems with it staying on the clothes after being washed.  Maybe it depends on what laundry soap you use.
jtshad
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2008, 09:55:50 am »

I use BodyGlide and it is great for all areas that chafe (including feet to keep blisters at bay).  Petroleum jelly works too, but wears off faster.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: