Fast Running Blog
July 01, 2024, 01:34:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite races  (Read 2956 times)
Josse
Frequently Posting Member

« on: December 14, 2007, 01:55:40 pm »

As I am thinking of what races I am going to do next year I was wondering what everyone elses favorite races are and why they like them so much.  My all time favorite was the old Dixie 15k tune up race before they changed the course.  Now I'm not really sure if I have a favorite, but my favorite distance is half marathons.  I love marathons but they are so stinken tricky for me.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 03:28:45 pm by Josse » Logged
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 03:43:11 pm »

My favorite half marathon in Utah is probably the Canyonlands Half. Why? Because it's in Moab! Beautiful course and warm weather at a time I'm sick of winter. Good competition too. I ran the Top of Utah Half for the first time this year, and really enjoyed it. It's a growing race, and a really nice course layout with potential for fast times.
Cody Draper
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 10:34:41 am »

I agree that a top race is the Top of Utah Half Marathon.  This year was my first year running it and I loved it.  Great course, and well run.  Not a whole lot of competition as it is the same day as two or three other half marathons.   Highly recommended if in Northern Utah.
I really enjoyed the Alta Peruvian 8K too.  A laid back race with a crazy fast course, guaranteed to PR like crazy!  Nice BBQ afterward.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 10:58:12 am »

I really enjoyed the Alta Peruvian 8K too.  A laid back race with a crazy fast course, guaranteed to PR like crazy!  Nice BBQ afterward.

Oh yeah, how could I forget about Alta? Definitely one of my top 3 Utah races. Great party afterward too.
Dee Smith
Lurker

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 11:08:02 am »

As far as halfs, I agree that the Canyonlands is the best for all the reasons that Paul mentioned, except the competition isn't a big deal to me. The Other Half in Moab in the Fall is also a nice run although more difficult than its Spring counter part it is more scenic.  The Provo River Half is also one of my favorites.  Great, fast course.  The Blacksmith fork Freedom Run on the Fourth of July is a fun 15k.  It starts up
Blacksmith Fork Canyon and runs into Hyrum.  Very fast with the exception of the one hill towards the end. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: