Fast Running Blog
June 29, 2024, 10:06:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help I have a blister!  (Read 2212 times)
Michelle Lowry
Frequently Posting Member

« on: September 02, 2010, 06:04:26 pm »

So I have a blister on the outside of my big toe.  I am not sure if I should hygienically pop it to help it heal faster, run to walmart to get some type of pad to put over it, leave it alone.  I've been running for 21 years -  you would think I'd know what to do.  I am planning on a long run Saturday and 10k monday, and don't want to bleed  Grin
April G
Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 06:40:23 pm »

Don't pop it!  Leave it alone and if it pops while running it only stings for a little while.....seriously though you can put some moleskin around it but that can be kind of awkward while running.  There is some liquid skin stuff you can paint over it--that works pretty good if it happens to pop.  I used to always lance mine and drain them but ever since I got a terribly painful infection from doing that I let them pop themselves. Sad
Maurine Lee
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 01:09:25 pm »

I have run marathons using the blister pads produced by bandaid and other manufacturers.  They are designed to stay on for days and pad the pain some.  There are some specifically designed for toes/fingers that would help.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: