Fast Running Blog
June 27, 2024, 03:38:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Maternity running gear  (Read 3238 times)
Lauren
Lurker

« on: June 03, 2009, 01:30:34 pm »

For all you running mommas out there! I am currently running through my first pregnancy (16 weeks, wahoo!), and my belly is really starting to grow! My regular running shorts are getting uncomfortable no matter where I try to arrange the waist band. Are there any suggestions for some good maternity running shorts? Most of what I've seen are the long spandex shorts, that just look funny to me... I'm trying to find some regular-ish shorts that have the maternity belly panel. Thanks for any ideas or suggestions!!  Smiley
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 04:34:03 pm »

Congratulations on expecting and on running through the pregnancy!

Unfortunately I am no expert at maternity running clothes, even though I've watched my wife run through 5 out of her 6 pregnancies. But she will have some advice to offer. I think it will be to get used to looking funny when pregnant, consider all of that to be an honor and be proud to display it. Just think about going to a race and chicking a guy while very obviously pregnant :-) Now he is virtually pregnant since he cannot keep up with a pregnant woman.
Michelle Lowry
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 07:11:27 pm »

I just decided which running shorts were ok to stretch out and wore those and really gave them a good stretch out.  A larger t-shirt will keep you modest  Smiley  I wore a sweating belt, about 12 inch thick and stretchy with velcro, and wrapped that tight around my belly to hold the babe a little.  It was about 1/3 of the price of one of those pregnancy exercise belts.  A
Sarah Pachev
Lurker

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 09:37:59 am »

I run in big biking shorts because they seem to stretch well..or in the winter pants with strings.  This last pregnancy a maternity belt..the kind that holds your tummy helped sooo much. Good luck. Running during pregnancy is a great way to have a great pregnancy and an easier delivery. Smiley Congrats too!!!!
Lauren
Lurker

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 09:43:28 am »

Great, thanks for the tips! I'll have to search for one of those support belts... I've also heard that they really help you keep running as you grow, although I'm not quite that big yet. Smiley
Any other advice you would be great! But so far, so good... I'm doing about 4 miles a day, a little more on the "long" runs, and I feel great! How soon were you gals able to get back out after you delivered?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: