Fast Running Blog
June 30, 2024, 04:30:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: good article on effects of the economy on running  (Read 2268 times)
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« on: July 08, 2009, 02:36:22 pm »

I love the term "funemployed". That person must have a lot more life savings than I do...

http://finance.yahoo.com/career-work/article/107294/fast-times-for-jobless-runners.htmlAcording

Virtually every race director I have talked to this year has this they've had increases in registration (although sponsorships are sometimes hurting). In a time when so many businesses are hurting, is the running industry truly recession-proof?
Bob
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 07:15:47 pm »

Actually, running booms occur during tough economic times.  Consider our country's past.  Race particpation might dip in some places, but more people get involved in the activity.   
Maurine Lee
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 08:08:59 am »

Interesting article.  However, several also saw one of the races we had registered for (the Red Mountain 50K) get cancelled this year because of the economy.  And I have read a couple of reports about the lowering of sponsorship money because of economic struggles.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: