Fast Running Blog
June 27, 2024, 11:49:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ryan Hall  (Read 8865 times)
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 07:43:23 am »

I was very proud of Hall and Goucher.  3rd place is excellent, and could potentially be a 1st place on any other day.  Bright futures.

I hope someone finds a post of the last mile of the women's race- it was very exciting to watch.  Goucher was tailing just a bit but I thought she could come back... right up until she took the last turn very wide and cost herself 10 yards.  Even then, she was on the far side of the street and could have surprised the other two... but just couldn't come up with her killer kick.  The other two kept trading the lead... in fact, Tune even got a half step lead and cut right in front of Kosgei (very strategic move, not too nice, but all is fair!) with 20 seconds to go, but Kosgei worked around her again.  Kosgei didn't get the final lead until the last 5 seconds or so.  Exciting finish!
allie
Posting Member

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 08:06:47 am »

http://www.flotrack.org/videos/coverage/view_video/234839-2009-boston-marathon/171750-womens-finish

women's finish from flotrack. not the best...but it is better than what we saw yesterday...nothing!

also, some post-race interviews will Hall and Goucher

http://www.flotrack.org/videos/coverage/view_video/234839-2009-boston-marathon/172644-kara-goucher-after-2009-boston-marathon

http://www.flotrack.org/videos/coverage/view_video/234839-2009-boston-marathon/171948-ryan-hall-interview-2009-boston-marathon
Superfly
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2009, 08:31:20 am »

Yeah that was a very good effort for both of them. Way fun to see the action unfold. I think my dream job is to drive the pace car in big/ major marathons.
James Winzenz
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2009, 01:31:44 pm »

They should have the entire coverage on universal sports as well . . . I watched the races from there, and there were no interruptions in the broadcast.  I was very proud of both Kara and Ryan for doing as well as they did.  They are both still newbies in the marathon - this was only Kara's second marathon ever, and Ryan's fifth, I believe.  The more they learn, the better they will do.
Steve P
Posting Member

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2009, 08:18:11 pm »

I'm really excited about American marathoning. I started following it to some extent in the 1990's, and I don't remember there being this much excitement or such great possibilities for Americans. Not to take anything away from Kara, but someone else to watch for at Boston in the next few years is Shalane Flanagan, who is from Massachusetts, and her mother held the world record in the marathon for a short time in the early '70s. On the men's side, there is also Ritzenheim and some great college runners (e.g., Galen Rupp) that could someday do great things. Sure, the east Africans have a greater quantity of top marathoners, but you can't help but get excited when you see Hall's long stride and lack of fear.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2009, 07:32:39 am »

Ritzenheim is actually racing this weekend at London, along with a few other American men elites.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: