Fast Running Blog
March 29, 2024, 03:04:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: NCAA Challenge  (Read 61783 times)
Superfly
Frequently Posting Member

« on: March 16, 2009, 03:28:31 pm »

Anyone up for a fun (no money involved) NCAA basketball pool? If so find the best free online bracket tracker and let us know. I know there is one on espn but there could be some better ones. We would all need to join the same pool and do so before games start on Thursday.... Speak up if your interested.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 07:27:06 pm »

I actually thought the same thing, but never had time today to look at it. I'd join in if it's free.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 08:20:05 pm »

Yahoo sports does some easy to use ones, also.
Superfly

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 09:49:24 pm »

I created a group for us on the CBS challenge page. So here are the details: Go to this website-  http://www.ncaa.com/games/bracketchallenge/
Click on join a group-

Group Name: Fastrunning
Password: runblogrepeat

Then fill out your bracket. I sent emails to a few of you to notify... it was right off that website. However anyone on the blog is welcome to join and it should be a lot of fun. Plus it's free!

Let me know if you have any questions.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 07:29:45 am »

Am I blind? Where does it say "Join a group"?
Superfly

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 09:24:43 am »

Oop I forgot to say sign up first. So Sing Up by choosing a name and password for yourself then it will take you to where you can join the group and fill out your bracket.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 09:55:57 am »

Password: runblogrepeat
[/quote]

I'll also note that the password is case-sensitive, and should actually be "Runblogrepeat"
Superfly

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 10:48:31 am »

Another Oops!
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 10:50:26 am »

Hey, looks like we have 3 people so far! Cool
Superfly

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 10:57:39 am »

Sweet! Now we will have to find out who people are under their tournament name. Who is stubtoe? Also make sure you sign up for the Mens tournament... I didn't do anything with the laddies side.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 11:13:43 am »

Oh, and for the record, I don't follow college basket one iota, other than the Aggies (who WILL advance to the Sweet 16, mark my words). I pretty much make my picks at random. One year, I had a cat choose all my picks. I tossed out two ping pong balls, one with "U" for underdog and one with "F" for favorite. Did this for the entire bracket. Whichever ball the cat batted at got the nod. Kitty was beating one of my roommates through Day 1, but got massacred thereafter. So it goes. Another year, I took 2nd in the USU Geology pool, due to the fact I picked Indiana to win it all simply because I'm from Indiana. Everybody laughed at me, but they weren't laughing when IU shocked the country and advanced to the championship game and darn near won it. Big points for me. Another year I took 3rd in my dorm pool because I picked Michigan State, a 1-seed, to lose early. I was going to school in Michigan at the time, and all my Michigander dorm mates of course picked MSU to go all the way. To be contrary, I picked them to lose, and lose they did, which messed everyone over but me. This year I'm picking Memphis, with my rationale being that they have good ribs and Sasha ran a good marathon there.
Superfly

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 11:33:15 am »

Yeah I just have fun with it too... I filled out my bracket but may go back and change some things. I have Pitt winning as of now because they have taken it to UCONN twice but I may make some last min changes as we can edit our brackets up until game time I think.
BTW I love the Memphis rational... not really the ribs part either.
Jose Jimenez
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2009, 01:01:29 pm »

It's on.  This should be fun.  I may have been more loyal to Utah and BYU than reason allows, but oh well.  In the end I have Louisville winning it all in a titanic game against Pitt.
AndyBrowning
Posting Member

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2009, 01:53:23 pm »

I just filled out my bracket.  I've never done one before, took about 3 minutes to fill it out and hate college basketball.  I should do pretty well.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2009, 02:13:14 pm »

I just filled out my bracket.  I've never done one before, took about 3 minutes to fill it out and hate college basketball.  I should do pretty well.

Ha ha, I'll consider you my chief rival then. We can wallow in each other's ignorance.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: