Fast Running Blog
April 19, 2024, 01:40:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Handheld water bottles  (Read 17367 times)
Steve Morrin
Posting Member

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2008, 02:18:32 pm »

I think that a water bottle would be useful for longer runs, but for anything like a 5K or shorter, it's probably not worth the effort. The temperature would play a part in the decision as well.
Kelli
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2008, 01:25:11 pm »

The waist bottle is an acquired taste. The advantage is you can store keys, gu, money, ID etc. The downside is people don't like the sloshing of the water.  I'm over it, though.    I prefer the waistpack because I like to have the hands free if I can. Hand bottle is great if you just need to carry water only, but obviously must be carried.  I think everyone will have their own preference, but I think carrying something to drink is very important, especially for anything longer than an hour.

I just bought a heandheld water bottle that actually has two pockets in it to hold all of that stuff.  I just could not get used to the waist thingy!  I am not loving the handheld either, but it gets better as the run progresses and  it gets lighter!  And I am just thankful to have the water!
Neil Price
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2008, 09:18:40 am »

I bought one to use as a counterbalance to my ipod on my other arm.  Smiley
Jose Jimenez
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2008, 11:25:00 am »

I used to carry bottled water on my long runs and was surprised at how little it bothered me.  So, I decided to get a nice Ultimate Direction Handheld at REI and used it on the Provo River 1/2.  What an awesome bottle!  It was completely comfortable, easy to use and I did not have to stop at any of the aid stations.  It also has a little pouch where I put my keys and some money. 

The only problem I have with the waistpacks is that my stomach is sensitive enough without having to deal with a belt putting additional pressure on it during the race.  I am sold on the handhelds.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: