Fast Running Blog
March 28, 2024, 02:56:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Down-right Domestic!  (Read 3779 times)
Michelle Lowry
Frequently Posting Member

« on: June 19, 2008, 04:12:09 pm »

I resurrected my sewing machine out of its catacomb and cut up some drapes I bought and resewed them.  Then I got out the drill and hung those babies with VERY TRICKY (ok it's not tricky for most but tricky for me) hardware.  I even used my right hand for the drill because of some funky angles (I'm a leftie).  My eight year old is so happy to have some shield against the summer sun which rises early and sets an hour after his bed time.

That's downright domestic, isn't it?
Josse

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 04:33:32 pm »

I'm shedding a tear because I'm so proud.
Maria Imas
Lurker

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 06:51:06 am »

Michelle, I'm very impressed. I'm as un-domesticated as they come, and to me, this would be a huge feat. I had some experience with the sewing machine in grade school (and it was a Singer from 1920s - still working like a charm in the 80s!), but I think I'm only good for sewing simple straight seams (if I can make them straight, that is).
Michelle Lowry

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 07:53:30 am »

Yeah, Maria, attempted straight seams were basically all I did, but I was just proud that I put my most precious asset, my time, into a domestic endeavor.  My machine is the best Singer Wal-mart had 10 years ago.  It's still working just fine.
Shauna
Lurker

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 10:00:08 pm »

I'm a lefty too!  Nice work: I haven't touched a sewing machine since my C in 7th grade home ec in 1991.  I am quite good at home decor, though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: