Fast Running Blog
April 25, 2024, 01:24:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Food Feats  (Read 42455 times)
Tyler
Lurker

« on: May 30, 2008, 01:21:24 pm »

I once chugged a two liter of pop in 1:15 (1 minute, 15 seconds) -- that's .9017 ounces/second and 2:21/gallon. The fact that I spewed it all over the church's bathroom is beside the point.

I think if I worked on my technique, the 1:00 barrier could be in reach, but the stars haven't yet aligned for that.
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 01:53:14 pm »

I can eat 10 reasonably ripe bananas at once.  I have eaten 4 whole bananas during a 2:27 marathon without slowing down at the aid stations. One time this banana eating ability created an interesting situation. I was at BYU in Economics 110. The topic of the lesson was the law of diminishing returns. The professor brought bananas to illustrate the principle. He asked for a volunteer to eat bananas, and I of course was happy to do it. Back then Sarah and I were very poor newlywed college students and could not afford to buy as many bananas as I could possibly eat, so free bananas sounded like a great idea. He gave me a banana every 5-10 minutes or so for a total of only 5. To his surprise I would eat one in a few seconds enjoying it very much and be ready for the next one immediately instead of slowing down and enjoying it less and less with each additional banana. At the end he announced that I ruined his presentation.

Michelle Lowry
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 03:42:10 pm »

I remember Econ 110 - I must have had the same professor.  The law of diminishing returns = "If you keep eating bananas eventually you'll throw up."  I think econ principles are really important to teach kids, and I was explaining this concept to my son this week while convincing him to save some left overs from a restaurant.
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 03:47:39 pm »

I took Econ 110 in the spring of 1997. Do not remember the name of the professor, but he was a young tall dark-haired pleasant looking charismatic guy that got his Masters (or maybe PhD) from a school in Chicago.
Dave Holt
Posting Member

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 05:25:47 pm »

When I was a kid - I mean 8-10'ish - I ate 18 full-sized (6 inches probably) pancakes at one breakfast sitting.  Although I have never been able to match that, I still do enjoy a good batch of pancakes - as anyone in our van at del Sol can tell you!  (baseball, ZZ top, and one poor waitress!... good times, good times!)
adam

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 07:59:59 pm »

As a college freshman, I once knocked down a whole large papa johns pepperoni pizza in around 30 minutes. I was poor, won it in a contest, and had just did a long run.

But who hasn't done that? jk...
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 11:08:18 pm »

On our honeymoon cruise, I ate more and more at each dinner.  2-3 appetizers, salad, 2 soups, 2-4 entrees (the waiter just started bringing me more than one after the second day), and a bunch of desserts, sometimes 4.  I would even have Marci order a few extra appetizers/entrees/desserts to give to me, too.  Marci knew I normally eat a ton, but I ate so much on that trip that she was "appaled" (her words, not mine).  The best part is I was training for a marathon and didn't put on a pound!
Logan Fielding
Lurker

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 09:18:38 am »

I once ate 10 big jalapeno peppers for $5.00.  One of the dumbest things I have ever done.  Also, I had 8 huge waffles with whipped cream, peaches, strawberries, and peanut butter on top.  What was I thinking?
Joe Furse
Posting Member

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2008, 01:19:29 pm »

haha, I once ate 2 whole Large Little Caesar's pizza's.  I think I was 13 or 14 and I was in an eating contest with this big fat kid.  I was probably 5'7" and 120 at the most and the other kid was 6'0' and probably 220 lbs....I won by 7 slices, but was very sick for the whole day afterwards...didn't lose it though.
Michelle Lowry

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2008, 04:58:05 pm »

On our honeymoon cruise, I ate more and more at each dinner.  2-3 appetizers, salad, 2 soups, 2-4 entrees (the waiter just started bringing me more than one after the second day), and a bunch of desserts, sometimes 4.  I would even have Marci order a few extra appetizers/entrees/desserts to give to me, too.  Marci knew I normally eat a ton, but I ate so much on that trip that she was "appaled" (her words, not mine).  The best part is I was training for a marathon and didn't put on a pound!
I ate 5 desserts in one meal when on a cruise, so I have Jon beat.  I also had 5 varieties of caviar on that trip.  I didn't gain a pound on the 7 day cruise.
James Winzenz

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2008, 05:06:39 pm »

Jon, the human vacuum cleaner (or garbage disposal, take your pick)!  You guys are amazing.  Here I was, thinking about having eaten something like 8 cheeseburgers when I was in high school, but you all blow me out of the water . . . I think I'll just go to my room and cry . . .  Cry
Kim Lee
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2008, 05:15:29 pm »

Tom and I just ate a cricket or grasshopper on our Race All Night!  I never thought I'd do that!  We'll give more details on the race when we are able to move and think again!
Laszlo Otvos
Lurker

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2008, 02:07:13 pm »

Again, you guys are weak:) Two summers ago I ate two Ben and Jerrys every day for almost 4 months. Last November I was in Kentucky and I put on 9 lbs in 6 days: steak, icecream, pie diet for breakfast lunch and dinner. On the last day of the conference I had to put a rubber band between the button on my pants and the button-hole. And I had to stand all day long to avoid ripping my dress-pants:)
Josse

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2008, 02:33:58 pm »

Again, you guys are weak:) Two summers ago I ate two Ben and Jerrys every day for almost 4 months. Last November I was in Kentucky and I put on 9 lbs in 6 days: steak, icecream, pie diet for breakfast lunch and dinner. On the last day of the conference I had to put a rubber band between the button on my pants and the button-hole. And I had to stand all day long to avoid ripping my dress-pants:)
Is that why you started running?  I don't know how proud of that I would be.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2008, 03:11:18 pm »

That's nothing. So far today I've eaten 6 apples.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: