Fast Running Blog
April 19, 2024, 05:33:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Snap Gear Review - NEW PRODUCT!  (Read 5909 times)
stevehooper
Lurker

« on: April 04, 2008, 10:34:18 am »

My friend Rob down here in St. George has another product he would like reviewed by members of the blog.  Please leave your honest opinion and provide constructive feed back.  Thanks, Steve Hooper

Rob Wrote:
"
Snap Gear is safety/night gear that can be added onto any running or racing shirt.  The plastic snap fasteners adhere around the shirt’s fabric without damaging it.  The safety/night gear can be added to a shirt in a matter of seconds.  It stays tightly in place and the snaps will not come off while running.  But, they are easily removable at the end of your run.  The safety/night gear is made of high visibility florescent green mesh material with 3M Scotchlite reflectives added.  Compared to a vest, it is much lighter, less restrictive, and just as easy to put on/take off.

The snaps fasteners can also be used for race numbers.  They snap on and off easily without damaging the shirt, so you can still race in your favorite shirt or singlet.  Unlike the Race Ready singlets, snap gear will accommodate any size race number without altering or damaging the number.  The snaps are as light as safety pins, but will hold the race number securely (tightly) to the shirt…..no more race number flap!  The snaps attach much easier than safety pins and will not irritate or rub your skin.  The plastic snaps can be reused thousands of times.

The best part is the price.  A Snap Gear packet will come with front and rear safety/night gear and 8 plastic snap fasteners.  The retail price will be around $9.99.  Replacement snaps will also be sold in packs of 4 for around $1.99.
"

http://www.stgeorgerunningcenter.com/robsimages/view1.JPG
http://www.stgeorgerunningcenter.com/robsimages/view2.JPG
http://www.stgeorgerunningcenter.com/robsimages/view3.JPG
http://www.stgeorgerunningcenter.com/robsimages/view4.JPG
http://www.stgeorgerunningcenter.com/robsimages/view5.JPG
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 11:01:27 am by stevehooper » Logged
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 11:43:43 am »

I would find those useful for the price. I have a problem with finger coordination, and having to pin on a number adds unnecessary stress in the final hour before the race.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 12:17:12 pm »

I don't know if I would use something like that (since I already have a vest and don't have hand-eye coordination problems), but it's certainly a good price. Your friend may want to consider approaching Ragnar Relay about them. If the reflective gear is "legal" for their relay races, it could be good to market them as relay apparatus. He might be able to sell them at the start line, or work out some sort of partnership/sponsorship with Ragnar.
Dale
Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 02:59:25 pm »

I like it and the price is right, assuming the snaps are as easy and reliable as indicated.  The ability to hold race numbers alone is a winner.....this way my wife could make sure had my snaps on straight before I left the house and I would no longer suffer crooked number syndrome.

I like the reflective gear too....not that I wind up using it much but its smaller and more unobtrusive than most other solutions I've seen.  Good points in my book.
adam
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 03:29:36 pm »

I like this one alot better than that other shirt.

Seems a little more useful, the price is good, and I like how the reflector on the front can snap on where the race number usually goes.
KellyP
Lurker

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 11:28:10 am »

Those actually look well designed, stylish and handy. At the price point listed I could definitely see purchasing a set or two. I have a vest that I use during evening runs but it tends to make lots of noise and I don't find it terribly comfortable. The Snap Gear looks like a nice alternative.

Fastening race numbers is still new to me so I haven't worried about Crooked Number Syndrome. I have suffered Number Flapitis though as one race site only handed out a single pair of pins and I mistakenly mounted my number just high enough that when I ran into the wind the lower edge flapped up smacking me in the face a few times.
Dawson Hinton
Lurker

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 05:59:15 pm »

I am new enough to running that I do not have any type of vest, so I definitely think that I would invest in one of these.  If for nothing else, I like that the snaps can be used for numbers.  Are they going to be available at the St. George Running Center any time soon?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: