Fast Running Blog
April 24, 2024, 01:11:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Strollers  (Read 6520 times)
Dallen
Posting Member

« on: March 17, 2008, 08:10:46 pm »

I need to start looking for a "Jogging" stroller. Any recommendations. Are the expensive ones significantly better than the cheap ones?

Unfortunately, for now my running will all be flat and paved.
Adam R Wende
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 08:58:21 pm »

We have the Baby Trend-Expedition LE. It is nice because it is the "travel system" that for during our daughter's first months when we couldn't run with her it worked as a stroller with her car seat. As she got older and could sit in the main seat it was a good transition. It was the only thing we used for both car travel and walking for the first 9-months+ now it is still fine for her during runs at ~2-yrs old... Having never tried other systems I don't have anything to compare to and it was a gift so I'm not sure of the price. That being said we have had no complaints and I've even taken it as fast as 6 min pace for 2 miles without any complaints from my daughter (paved road of course).
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 10:02:40 pm »

I have the same stroller as Adam.  I think we got it for $220- a great price, supposing it came with the car seat and base, too.  Since the baby is facing backwards and supported, we actually used it within a month or so of her being born.  I've never used any others, but would recommend this one.
Josse

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 09:24:26 am »

I use a Baby jogger and love it.  I started using is when my son was 3 weeks old and still use it with him and he is 3 1/2.  I like it because I can colapse it easily and store it in the back of my van.   I used one with my daughter as well and was able to run with her until she was 6 or 7 with O2 hanging off the back.  They have differant models, I believe I bought the middle of the line one for around 250$.  Well worth it, of course my son really likes it some kids don't.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 09:26:08 am by Josse » Logged
James Winzenz

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 12:40:09 pm »

We have had two different jogging strollers - a single stroller and a double jogging stroller.  We loved them both.  I recommend buying one where the frame is made of aluminum instead of steel - you will thank yourself when you push it.  We have had good luck with the Instep jogging strollers - you can find them brand new on eBay for much less than retail.  They have both fixed front wheel strollers as well as swivel wheel strollers.  Here is their website with both fixed-wheel and swivel-wheel joggers:

http://www.instep.net/Product/Fixed-Wheel_Joggers/
http://www.instep.net/Product/Swivel_Wheel_Joggers/

Hope this helps,

James
Michelle Lowry

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 01:49:56 pm »

I have the biggest baby jogger, 20" wheels (all three are that size).  I would suggest going with the biggest wheels you can (though I think its ok to do a 16" on front and 20" on back).  I put my babies in this jogger at six weeks, and I just put a rolled towel around their heads for support.  I bought mine online in 2000, so I don't even remember the price and it wouldn't be relevant anyway since it has been 8 years.  I don't ascribe to the philosophy of buying one stroller that will work for running, the car, the mall, etc.  I have always had 3 or more strollers at my disposal and use the one designed for the task at hand.
James Winzenz

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 09:13:14 pm »

We have also had multiple strollers - the ones that the baby car seats fit into had wheels that were just too small to go fast in.  We will need to get a new one pretty soon - after several years, the plastic clips on the side of our double jogging stroller that keep the stroller from folding up have both broken, and replacements are not available.  It is held together right now with a lot of duck tape . . .
Laurie Pope
Lurker

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 09:34:08 am »

I love my double chariot.  It is large but is fairly easy to collapse but still takes up a bit of space.  It was very pricey, but I love the extras.  It is an enclosed stroller, and you can put the sun shade down, and/or the wind/rain shield, the straps are padded on the shoulder of the kids, much more comfortable, it has a suspension system, and has many extras.  We have the fixed running wheel, and the bike attachment, we also ordered the baby hammock that straps in and can hold infants.  We start toting our son around at about 4 weeks.  You can also order the harness and haul the stroller behind, and add cross country skis if you like.  Each extra item you order is about $50.

Good luck with your search.
Lulu
Lurker

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 09:19:01 pm »

I love the Chariot also. It is the Rolls Royce of running strollers. Bubbles, my daughter, loves it too. She should since we spent her college money on it.  Wink.
Lulu
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: