Fast Running Blog
March 28, 2024, 01:22:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Leukemia and Lymphoma Society  (Read 4086 times)
Adam R Wende
Frequently Posting Member

« on: December 06, 2019, 03:52:04 am »

Dear Fast Running Blog Team,

I need your help and am reaching out to friends, family, fellow runners, and anyone else who may have been touched by cancer so we together can raise a minimum of $20,000 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS) in a fundraiser that will culminate in our team of 10 runners completing the April 26, 2020 London Marathon.

My challenge to you is to donate $26.20, or more if appropriate, to this cause and share the story with anyone you know touched by cancer.

A quick summary is below.
A news announcement from my university is here.
My direct fundraiser page is here.
If you prefer Facebook donations you can do so here.
And for those who do not know my FRB history, my blog is here.
With my final Utah race with a great team at the Utah Valley Marathon.

Quick summary:

I joined your ranks back in 2007 shortly after moving to Salt Lake City to complete my postdoctoral training at The University of Utah. During my time in SLC I got to meet a number of you in person. Obviously there has been some turnover in active members in the subsequent nearly 13 years (in fact a couple of you might not have been born)...

Why I am reaching out now, is that in 2014 I was diagnosed with leukemia, shortly after running what was up until that point my slowest marathon.

However, I was quickly cured, in remission for about 5 years. Unfortunately, not everyone has been as lucky and last November (2018) I lost a friend to a different form of leukemia. That is why at that time I switched the focus of my quest to complete the Abbott World Marathon Majors and decided to put it to good use and joined Team in Training. This way I can put my passion for running into efforts to help other with blood cancer.

Please consider donating and/or sharing any of the above links.

God bless and thank you for your time and support.

Kind regards,
Adam

« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 04:07:34 am by Adam R Wende » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: