Fast Running Blog
April 23, 2024, 12:27:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Update on fast running app?  (Read 3587 times)
Aaron Shakow
Lurker

« on: June 13, 2014, 11:25:31 am »

I was wondering if someone could post a quick check in on app development. I'm intrigued by the idea but after reading the December 2013 update wanted to make sure it was usable at this point by someone who is not a professional developer before I laid out ~$100 for the Motorola hardware device. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Also - isn't this an ideal Kickstarter project?
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 03:16:15 pm »

Aaron:

Somebody who can use a computer can definitely be trained to use the Fast Running Friend. He does not have to be a professional developer any more than you have to be a professional car mechanic to change your air filter - you do have to get your hands a little dirty, though. Part of the reason you do is that I have not had an interested user that would motivate me to improve UI. One thing you have to understand about a low-level hands-in-the-digital-toilet type of developer is that he is very lazy about UI and will do the minimum needed to make the app functional. If somebody less technical gets on his case, he will improve the UI - he definitely has the capability, just not the initiative/emotional energy. A constructively complaining user can supply such energy.

So if you get the MotoACTV I will help you get going with it, and will improve to make it usable for you in the process as you run into issues. If you get really stuck, we can just get TeamViewer on your desktop, you connect the watch via USB, and I can finish the rest. In the meantime, if you have anything that runs Android that you do not mind carrying with you when you run, you can just install it there for a test drive.

Same offer goes to anybody who is willing to give it a try until we have too many people for me to deal with. So far the number is zero, so here is your chance. E-mail me via the Feedback form if you do not have my e-mail - I read this board once a month if I am lucky.
Aaron Shakow
Lurker

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 09:48:15 am »

Sasha:

Just reading this now. Let's do it! I am traveling for the next week or so but will drop you a line when I have the apparatus ready for installation.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: