Fast Running Blog
March 28, 2024, 03:40:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Change the boring old color scheme  (Read 6778 times)
Susannah Hurst
Lurker

« on: February 25, 2014, 06:16:47 pm »

So the blog has been around a while and the looks haven't changed much, and I think it is kinda boring... and it would be fun to see changes made, perhaps in the form of having the option to choose a theme for your blog.  An example would be the formats that blogspot or tumblr and such websites have.  It would be cool to set backgrounds like the lanes of a track, or a finish line clock or a pair of spikes, you get the idea.  I think it would also be an incentive for part-time runners to decide to get into running more.  When I show curious friends my blog, they aren't that interested.  But, with a little more design it could be a lot more interesting Smiley 
Rob Murphy
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 08:18:34 pm »

Good points Susannah. I think Sasha's talents and interests definitely skew towards the functional and practical and away from the artsy and creative.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 07:21:22 am »

I like that it's boring. It gives me incentive to keep my entries short.
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 02:24:42 pm »

If someone is willing to do the work to at the very least collect some samples of what themes they would like to have, I might be able to find some time to implement those.

If somebody artistic knows PHP/HTML/CSS and knows enough to set up a Linux development server (just get it to the point where I can SSH with root access) with a public IP, and would like to do some development, send me an e-mail. If you are artistic and do not have the skills, but do have the patience and the desire to learn, I'll be happy to teach you. I have made offers like this before, but never had success with a student (other than my son Benjamin). Dale and Tom Lee have contributed some code, but they were professional software engineers already. But I do believe that if an individual can convince himself that programming is not that hard to learn, he can learn it. As David Taylor put it, the learning curve is very steep, but it is only 20 feet or so high.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: