Fast Running Blog
March 28, 2024, 09:21:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My wife biked to the hospital to have our baby  (Read 17725 times)
Jeffrey McClellan
Lurker

« on: September 18, 2013, 07:32:48 am »

My wife Kimia gave birth to a beautiful baby boy this morning at 5:36 AM.  He weighed 6 lb 7 oz and was 19.5 inches long.

The coolest part of this whole deal is that Kimia and I rode our bikes from our house to the hospital (between 2.5 and 3 miles).  We arrived at the hospital at about 5:15 AM and by the time we got upstairs and situated (about 5:30) it was time to start pushing, with the baby coming shortly thereafter.  Kimia actually said that she had less pain and the contractions were more manageable while she was riding the bike as she was able to ride right through them.  When she was stopped however, she could barely walk.  The nurses all said that this is the first time they have ever heard of someone riding a bicycle to the hospital.

At some point I will get pictures of Kimia and the baby posted to my blog.
Rob Murphy
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 12:53:25 pm »

If Kimia and the baby ride home from the hospital on a bike I will be doubly impressed.

Congratulations!
Jeffrey McClellan
Lurker

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 07:40:58 am »

Yeah, we didn't even consider doing that as we don't have a baby carrier for the bike, and I imagine that Kimia is sore enough already without having to put a bunch of pressure from a bike seat on the baby's escape hatch.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 02:49:00 pm »

Pretty awesome.

What about if the baby rode her own bike home from the hospital?  That would be doubly impressive.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: