Fast Running Blog
March 28, 2024, 01:43:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone want to share room for Boston 2013 (Female!)  (Read 12000 times)
Michelle Lowry
Frequently Posting Member

« on: December 17, 2012, 07:35:19 am »

I am going and hotels are expensive and I will be there for 5 nights.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 09:19:31 am »

Have you contacted the elite coordinator? You may be able to get a shared room for free.
Michelle Lowry

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 09:52:13 pm »

I did, and it's been 4 or 5 days without a response.  So I booked a room. It is a two twin if anyone (FEMALE!  Wink ) wants to share.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 08:16:27 am »

Well don't give up on the race supporting you. Sometimes it takes races a week or two to respond to emails, unfortunately. Especially with your recent half marathon performances, I would think you would be a strong candidate for travel support.
Aaron Shakow
Lurker

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 05:05:41 pm »

We live in Boston (Cambridge) and could put you in our guest room for a couple of days if the race doesn't come through and you want to keep the hotel bill low.  At the very least don't pay much more than $100/night, there are very nice B&B solutions for around that if you know where to look.
Aaron Shakow
Lurker

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 05:07:00 pm »

To clarify - staying with us for a couple of days would cost you nothing except from the favor bank!
Michelle Lowry

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 04:00:51 am »

Hi Aaron,
I appreciate the offer, but I have reserved a room now, and it is a B&B, and they have a cancellation fee, so I might as well stay put rather than impose.  The room is normally $110 but they are charging a $40 marathon surcharge.  But close to the metro so no need for a car rental. 

I didn't realize you moved to MA!  Are you a professor there?  You were in Phd school, right, in WA?  I am applying to Phd schools right now  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: