Fast Running Blog
April 19, 2024, 12:38:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sterling Scholar Tomy Gutierrez in Mathematics  (Read 6419 times)
Bill Cobler
Lurker

« on: November 26, 2012, 10:21:39 pm »

Those regular bloggers that have been treated to seeing and reading Tomy's blog this past year have noticed a big change. Tomy has been dedicated to excel in his running this year. He continues to improve daily and today while we were on our cool down he struck a cord that rang true to what I have seen throughout the year with his development. He said, "Just when you think you have a handle or understand your running, you learn something else." As a coach, I have learned that no two athletes are the same. What works for one may not work for the other, whether we are talking about training plans, motivations, goals, or physical/mental development. Running teaches life lessons everyday. I want to give congratulations to Tomy Gutierrez for earning Sterling Scholar in Mathematics this past week. Tomy is a role model for what a student-athlete should be. He has always been a great student because of his dedication to excellence. This same dedication is now part of his training and helps him to become the best distance runner he can be. I admire Tomy. His hard work in the classroom and on the track confirms that when we apply ourselves to a good cause, we can achieve good things. 
Jake Krong
Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 08:54:45 am »

That's awesome - thanks for sharing Bill.

Tomy has really raised to bar for himself this year. He really works hard... and to see that his dedication to running hasn't detracted from his studies, but has improved it... that's fantastic.
Rob Murphy
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 07:03:17 pm »

Congratulations to Tomy. You can tell by reading his blog that he is a thoughtful kid.

You're a good coach Bill.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: