Fast Running Blog
March 28, 2024, 11:19:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shoes and Running Partner Help  (Read 3534 times)
Preston
Lurker

« on: February 13, 2012, 02:02:01 pm »

Hi all, I'm pretty new here and have a few questions for anyone willing to answer:

1. As far as shoes go, do I need to have 2 pairs of shoes so that I can rotate them every day, or is it sufficient to have 1 shoe to train with? If you want to know specifics about me and my needs just look at my blog.  Any help is appreciated.

2. Is it important for me to find a running partner?  If it is, I think I would mostly like to find someone to run with on Saturdays.  Any suggestions on going about this?

Thanks in Advance! 
Jake Krong
Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 02:40:26 pm »

Preston - I would definitely recommend getting 2 pairs of shoes and rotating them, especially if you are running everyday. The shoes will last longer, and I think you'll be less likely to end up w/ an overuse injury, and your feet won't get the same "experience" every single day if you are wearing 2 slightly different types of shoes. I've been a lot healthier since I started working several pairs into my rotation.
Preston
Lurker

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 03:52:10 pm »

Thanks for the advice! I appreciate it!
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 06:44:21 pm »

Yes, I agree with Jake on the shoes.  Proven by the 20 pairs I have (ok, I'm a bit extreme).  Longer lasting shoes, less injury, and gives your shoes a chance to dry if raining. 

Running partner- it's not necessary, but few things add more enjoyment to runs (especially long runs) and help you improve like running partners.  For finding them, use the FRB Find Blogs feature to look up people in your area who are about your speed, and drop them a line.  Works great if you're in Utah.
Rob Murphy
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 08:43:02 pm »

Well, Jon beat me to it!

You need about 75 pairs of shoes and you should rotate through them frequently. Don't ever throw them away. Shows you don't love them.

Running partners are good too.
Preston
Lurker

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 09:31:37 pm »

I appreciate the advice and the jokes guys . . . . . be careful in the concrete jungle that is sandy Rob  Wink
Mike Davis
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 05:57:29 pm »

+1 for the "find blog" feature, even outside Utah. I found a running partner and a good friend on the blog only 2 miles away from me in Steilacoom, WA.
I guess I still need to buy more shoes though...

-Mike

Running without hills is like motorcycling without corners.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: