Fast Running Blog
March 28, 2024, 04:27:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Job wanted  (Read 8613 times)
Matthew Rowley
Vocal Lurker

« on: August 03, 2011, 07:09:41 pm »

I have been working for ATK Launch Systems for the last 11 years, but today I just got laid off.  So now I am looking for a new job.  I have been told that the best way of finding a new job is by networking.  What better network then runners all over.  If anyone knows of someone looking for a Computer Programmer, let me know.   I have a BS in Computer Science with a minor in math.  I have work experience with the following computer languages: C++, C#, Matlab and Fortran.  I used Java in school but have not used it for a while.  I have mainly been programming on a windows operating system.  I have done a little programming on a Linux operating system, but that was back is college in an Parallel Programming class.  I would be Grateful for any help.  Please don't send me any 'you could sell insurance' jobs.
Tim
Lurker

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 10:20:44 pm »

check out Nutraceutical.com, we have 2 positions open for programers.
Matthew Rowley
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 11:45:33 am »

Thanks a lot I will look at it.   Just to let everybody know I have found a Contracting job.  The Job starts on September 19th.   I am still looking for a full time position.  I will be working at GE Healthcare, this position could turn into a full time position.  I can only hope. 
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 05:47:01 pm »

Matt - if it is still not full-time, join PLUG (http://plug.org) and post a message with your credentials and interest in a job to get started. I would also check Adobe if you do not mind moving to the Utah County. They have the </mediocrity> billboard on I-15, and their recruiter approached me a few months ago using Linkedin of all things which is ironic because I work for Linkedin and my profile said so. So I assume they are in the market for geeks.
Matthew Rowley
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 06:56:11 pm »

I thought I should inform everybody of my status.  I have found a new full time position at Hill Air Force base.  I started working at Hill on January 17th.  I worked at GE Healthcare from September 19 the December 9th.  In November I Interview and was offered a job a Murata Machinery in North Salt Lake.  I started at Murata on December 12th.  About the same time I started at Murata I was offered the job at Hill Air force base.  Murata was good company, but hill is closer to home and the position is closer to what I did at ATK.  I felt bad leaving Murata so soon, but I have learn one thing from being laid off and working as a contractor.  Companies lookout for there own interests, and you need to do the same.  Don't get me wrong I am not bashing Marata.

Sasha I did interview at three companies in Utah County, but it was not meant to be.

Thanks for every ones help during this challenging time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: