Fast Running Blog
March 28, 2024, 05:37:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for suggestion on new shoes  (Read 6992 times)
Nate Page
Lurker

« on: April 08, 2011, 07:48:49 am »

It's about time that I get new shoes.  I usually change at about 300 miles.  I know it's probably overzealous but I like to change early, especially since I'm a little fatter right now, to avoid potentially injury.  I've ran in the Asics 20xx series for about the last 8 years. I have not really tried any other brands so I was thinking about branching out, but not sure what to try.   I'm 5-7 and about 175 pounds (hope to get down to 155).  I have pretty normal arches but do overpronate quite a bit.  I run about 30-60 miles a week with most of it at 7:30 pace.  Any suggestions would be great!  My sister was recommending the Saucony Guide or Brooks Adrenaline
Thanks
Nate
Joe Furse
Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 11:42:15 am »

I do love the Brooks Adrenaline.  I've had 2 pairs so far and put over 1000 miles on each of them with no problems.  Of course it all depends on how your foot works, so I'd recommend getting a gait analysis thingy, but if you're a moderate stability shoe kind of guy then the Adrenalines are great.  Saucony ProGrid Guide is my second favorite, but I haven't had a pair in a long time.  Mizuno Wave Inspire is a distant 3rd (not enough forefoot cushion).
Nate Page
Lurker

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 06:50:10 am »

Thanks!  I ended up going with the Adrenaline and so far they are pretty great.  I Progrid guide felt nice but were very narrow and my fleet feet stopped carrying muzunos so it narrowed down my selections. Also tried on Nike Lunarglide, weirdest feeling shoes ever
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: