Fast Running Blog
March 29, 2024, 08:07:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Most embarrassing moments running stories  (Read 12814 times)
Susannah Hurst
Lurker

« on: October 27, 2010, 05:35:04 pm »

So today I was at the gym running on a treadmill and I got off to turn the fan off and I guess I hit the wrong button when I paused it so it was still going and then I tried to get back on and wiped out.  I thought that was kinda funny but I was a bit embarrassed haha  Embarrassed.  Then I wondered what stories other people might have, just out of curiosity...
Mikal Epperson
Lurker

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 09:50:42 pm »

For me, it was running my first ever trail marathon this year.  I was tripping over jagged rocks and tree roots like crazy from the very beginning.  The other runners around me seemed to have their footing figured out.  Not me!  I've been on roads 90% of the time, and the trails I know are covered in sand and wood chips.  It was a bit humilitating/humbling coming down for a close and personal view of the trail before me, while several other runners watched.  I learned a new respect for mother nature, (she's the boss!) and a confirmation that I'm a klutz!
Burt McCumber
Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 04:16:11 pm »

This could take some thinking, but my Open Mile in the rain comes to mind. http://burt-mccumber.fastrunningblog.com/blog-01-19-2010.html
Jesse
Lurker

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 11:55:02 am »

I'd have to say that going on a long run and finding the need for a bathroom ranks pretty high depending on whether you can find a private place to do your business.  I have variations of this story but I won't go into details.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 07:47:06 pm »

That's another advantage to trail running.  Wink
Michelle Lowry
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 10:31:21 pm »

Honestly, this thread hasn't gotten a lot of comments because most of us don't want to declare to the world our most embarrassing moments.  They are best forgotten  Cry
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 07:57:52 pm »

Lead the way, Michelle, and I'll follow.  I'm sure I can make up something.
Michelle Lowry
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 12:26:30 am »

Too many and too embarrassing.  I will pass.
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 06:19:40 pm »

A practical geo-caching experience. I was running in the DelSol Relay race in the middle of the night. The call of nature overcame me and I was forced to respond. In the process I lost my cell phone. After the finish we used the GPS data to find the coordinates of the stop, then I navigated to the spot and found the cell phone. Fortunately, it was not soiled.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2013, 07:35:47 pm »

I remember that one, Sasha.  Good times.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: