Fast Running Blog
March 29, 2024, 05:12:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saucony Kinvara or  (Read 18634 times)
Dan
Lurker

« on: June 18, 2010, 08:49:49 pm »

I was looking to add another pair of running shoes to miles on and alternate with my current shoes. I was at my local running store and saw a pair of Saucony Kinvara's. Anyone here tried them or have a pair?
I tried a pair of AdiZero Boston's on as well and I was a little torn as I like the feel of those as well.

I like light shoes but by no means am I looking for minimalist shoes or a racing flat, but was looking for opinions before I drop the cash Smiley

So hit me if you have some favorites or know anything about these!
Chris M
Lurker

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 08:31:40 am »

For value for money in terms of durability I think Brooks T5 (or now the T6) racers look to be a good shoe, I have around 270 miles on a pair and the sole does not look like it has been used that much. THe wear pattern looks very even and I think they will last a long time. However this may be to some extent dependent on the runner.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 12:39:22 pm »

I just got a pair of Kinvara's and wore them for the first time yesterday. I liked them quite a bit, and they felt good. They are definitely pretty light, more of a minimalist shoe, but not quite a racing flat. I'd recommend them. If you're looking for a more of a standard lightweight trainer, I love the Brooks Launch, and know several other people that like them too.
Dave Holt
Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 03:43:14 pm »

I have both the Kinvara and the Adizero Bostons.  I love them both.  Although I haven't run a lot in the Kinvara yet, the feel is very light and quick - which of course is the best kind of shoe.  In my opinion, they have a very similar feel to the Bostons.
Tom
Posting Member

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 06:48:33 pm »

I just got a pair of Kinvara's and wore them for the first time yesterday. I liked them quite a bit, and they felt good. They are definitely pretty light, more of a minimalist shoe, but not quite a racing flat. I'd recommend them. If you're looking for a more of a standard lightweight trainer, I love the Brooks Launch, and know several other people that like them too.

One think about the Brooks Launch.... if you're the type of runner that needs stability and good arch support you may want to stay away from these. I learned that the hard way (see my most recent race report from April). Don't know anything about the Kinvara's, personal fave is Saucony Fastwitch, very light but surprisingly sturdy and seem to last longer than other flats I've tried in the same weight range.
Dan
Lurker

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 09:24:03 pm »

Some good thoughts and options. Thanks. Tom- I am a Neutral runner w/ a high arch- but good looking out in case I did need support/stability.

I will take a look at the Launch as well and see which one 'tests' the best. Although, with my personalty I may end up with both or all 3  Roll Eyes
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 07:58:08 am »

One think about the Brooks Launch.... if you're the type of runner that needs stability and good arch support you may want to stay away from these. I learned that the hard way (see my most recent race report from April). Don't know anything about the Kinvara's, personal fave is Saucony Fastwitch, very light but surprisingly sturdy and seem to last longer than other flats I've tried in the same weight range.

Definitely need to consider arch for all shoes...personally, I have very little arch, and I over-pronate, so I wear Powerstep inserts. I wear inserts in the Brooks Launch all the time, and have not had a problem with them. So just a tip for those who need arch support, you can always "add" them if the shoe does not have them.
jtshad
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 08:47:40 am »

If you like Saucony, I also like the Saucony Tangent for a lightweight trainer/racing shoe.  A bit more sturdy than the Fastwitch, but still only about 9 oz and a nice shoe.
Tom
Posting Member

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 09:59:13 am »

Definitely need to consider arch for all shoes...personally, I have very little arch, and I over-pronate, so I wear Powerstep inserts. I wear inserts in the Brooks Launch all the time, and have not had a problem with them. So just a tip for those who need arch support, you can always "add" them if the shoe does not have them.

Good point Paul. Since my injury I'm paranoid now so I also wear inserts in all my shoes. Typically the factory insoles with most any shoes are garbage (or so my PT tells me).
catherine
Lurker

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 02:31:52 pm »

I've been using the Brooks Launch for a few months and just ordered the Kinvaras after trying on a pair. I *love* how flat they are and how comfortable they feel, and I was able to find them pretty cheap online (runningwarehouse.com).
Dan
Lurker

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 08:58:42 pm »

I bought and ran in the Kinvara's today Smiley - Catherine, I am with you I love the 'flat' feeling without it being an actual racing flat. They felt very nice on my 8 miles today.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: