Fast Running Blog
April 16, 2024, 03:34:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: OGDEN MARATHON ENTRY WANTED  (Read 22615 times)
steve ashbaker
« on: April 15, 2010, 11:12:15 am »

Is anyone planning on making it to the Ogden Marathon this year?   If not and you would like to release your entry drop me a note through my blogspot or private message.  Thanks!!  Steve Ashbaker.
jtshad
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 03:47:23 pm »

Is Ogden allowing transfers?  If so, that is news to me.
steve ashbaker
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 06:01:19 pm »

I did not know that.  If I'm not mistaken I think Utah Valley does allow it so I assumed Ogden would.  Why is that do you think?  Are you running it this year?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 06:12:21 pm by steve ashbaker » Logged
jtshad
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 11:06:59 am »

Yes, I am running it this year.  I have a friend who has registered but can't run and another person who wants to and didn't register it time.  They asked to transfer the entry and were told flat out no!  I think it says this on the website as well.
steve ashbaker
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 12:23:44 pm »

Thats too bad because I really wanted to see if I could break my 2:29 PR there. 
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 01:16:45 pm »

Maybe try UVM instead?
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 12:20:57 pm »

Steve - forget Ogden. If you feel you are in shape to run sub-2:30 go to UVM full. Otherwise run a half, a full when not in shape really messes up the process of getting in shape. Based on what I've seen in your training, though, I think you need until September to be ready for a good marathon. Good = under 2:30 on TOU-like course.
steve ashbaker
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 03:44:15 pm »

Thanks for the encouragement, You don't mince words do you..
Kory Wheatley
Posting Member

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 04:24:57 pm »

Steve - forget Ogden. If you feel you are in shape to run sub-2:30 go to UVM full. Otherwise run a half, a full when not in shape really messes up the process of getting in shape. Based on what I've seen in your training, though, I think you need until September to be ready for a good marathon. Good = under 2:30 on TOU-like course.

Sasha, you can be totally out of online at times and only think of running and not the person.  It doesn't mess the process of getting in-shape it can only help.  The more endurance runs you do can only help.  Why do you always knock a person's confidence and not give encouragement.  You don't always have to run a marathon for the best time possible, but for a training or for fun.  You really should consider shutting the blog down if all you want to do is hurt people.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 09:19:40 pm by Kory Wheatley » Logged
Barry Ames
Lurker

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 10:14:29 pm »

Sasha, Why can you not encourage people and help them reach there goals? Life is too short to be putting others down. I know i would not be as far today without the help and support of my friends. I believe that we are here to lift up others and not put them down. Also, he does not want to not be competitive  and win, but to have fun and reach a goal. 
dave rockness
Posting Member

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 09:45:17 am »

I didn't read the comments quite as harshly.  What I like about Sasha is he'll tell you exactly what he's thinking (whether or not you agree with him).  He can be the Simon Cowell of the running world- not always right, but sometimes more truthful than we are comfortable with.  This leads to debate at times, yet for me it's refreshing to hear his comments admist our politically correct world.  It would also be fun to see Ashbaker go out and break 2:29 just to prove Sasha wrong. 
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 10:06:29 am »

No, you know exactly what you're getting when Sasha says something to you: his unbridled, unfiltered opinion. It is what it is, and you're free to disagree. Personally there's nothing that Sasha could say to me that could possibly offend me, and I know I can say whatever I think to him, and he won't take umbrage. Don't read into it too much. A thicker skin or a back like a duck are both good things to have around here.
Dave Holt
Posting Member

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2010, 02:34:08 pm »

A thicker skin or a back like a duck are both good things to have around here.

Or possibly just a thicker back! 

(Just bringing up an oldie-but-goody from Sasha a few years back to Joe Wilson!)
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2010, 02:42:13 pm »

+1 to Dave for bringing up something out of Classic FRB.

By the way, Sasha has called me "fat" to my face on two separate occasions. It was true only one of those times. The other time, we disproved it by finding a scale and weighing me.
steve ashbaker
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2010, 04:30:09 pm »

I'm only going to reply once on this issue and then I'm done.  You really have to understand our past relationship to fully appreciate the nature of it all and I'm not about to lay that out on a public forum.  I'm not so offended as I am annoyed really,  I just asked for an entry to the Ogden marathon and nothing more.   I didn't want his or anyone's opinion on my capabilities  period..

He may be correct on his analysis, however my road work times and training heart rates tell me I am close to that capability right now.  Not to mention cranky and tired as I'm writing this..  I'ts just really difficult for me to have a good performance when I have school and I'm flipping from the graveyard schedule to days 2-3 times a week LOL!   Anyway, I really regret putting this request up here now and it's just one more reason why I think I should keep my training and running private now.   Happy trails gentlemen..
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 04:43:00 pm by steve ashbaker » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: