Fast Running Blog
March 28, 2024, 05:45:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Garmin Problems?  (Read 4774 times)
Adam R Wende
Frequently Posting Member

« on: November 26, 2007, 07:40:51 pm »

First thank you all for your comments on the 305. I've made up my mind to go for it. In the meantime I'm still using the 201. Today I dropped the thing, less then 2-feet. It wouldn't power up. I plug it in to charge and the screen comes on for charging but it still won't power up. I've searched the website and found a couple "quick fix" resets. However, the unit will not respond to any of these... Just curious if anyone else has had this happen and how the remedied it. As I mentioned I'm moving on to the 305 but I would like to have both units working for back up and so my wife and I can trade off...
James Winzenz

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 09:08:38 pm »

I haven't had that exact problem, but we have had an issue where the sound stopped working on our Garmin (205).  Still covered under warranty, just need to send it back.  Have you tried doing the master reset (assuming it is the same on the 201/301 as it is on the 205/305)?  On the 205, you press Mode + Power until you get a message asking if you want to erase all data.
Ruth Hilton
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 09:03:22 am »

I've not had anything to that extreme, but if I drop mine at all it shuts off completely and I have to start it back up again. If it doesn't turn on for that, I take out the batteries, put them back in and try again. Usually that'll do it for my Garmin's issues. Probably not any help, but whatever...
Adam R Wende

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 09:06:21 am »

Thanks for the suggestions. It won't do the force reset. It appears that the power botton isn't recognized at all. Also, with the 201 the battery is internal and can't be removed to the best of my knowledge. The strangest part is that it will tell me that it is recharging but even then won't power up. In fact that is the only response I've been able to get from it... A real bummer.
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 04:39:46 pm »

One last resort. Let it sit without power for a few days. Then charge it up for a day. Then try to power it up.
Dale
Posting Member

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 06:50:24 pm »

This may not make sense since I've got the 305, but my 305 once wouldn't turn on, UNTIL I tried the Master Reset while it was on it's charging station. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: