Fast Running Blog
March 28, 2024, 12:25:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: To sleeve or not to sleeve?  (Read 3800 times)
Adam R Wende
Frequently Posting Member

« on: August 13, 2009, 11:58:29 pm »

I'm curious about peoples experiences with running sleeves.
What brand, sizing, did you like it?
I've seen Moeben and noticed a few people mention them on their blogs but wanted a more general discussion.
I'm thinking maybe for TOU this fall but last year I did fine in my singlet so is it worth it?
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 06:56:51 am »

I bought a pair of the Pearl Izumi's from Hooper and have been happy.  They provide some warmth on cold mornings (i.e. what you would expect the morning of TOU).  When I wear them on runs, I can push them down to my wrists once it warms up and hardly notice the extra weight.  Or you could pull a Kara and throw them off.  I think mine are Med size.  I'll probably wear mine at TOU and throw them at an aid station, though I would be pretty disappointed if I don't get them back- I'd rather lose a long sleeve shirt then the arm sleeves.

You can read Paul's experience with them here:
http://paul.fastrunningblog.com/blog-04-04-2009.html
jtshad

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 09:48:41 am »

I too have a pair of Pearl Izumi's (warmer and thicker) and a pair of Sugoi (more stretch fabric) and like them both.  They do work well to help keep the bike off (I wore mine at Boston and had them on the whole time).  I have friend's who have the Moeben's and they are nice because they have a pocket that could be useful for fuels. 

I think mine are medium's as well. 
Adam R Wende

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 10:57:05 am »

Thanks guys. Jon, It was Paul's entry that got me thinking about it I just couldn't remember if it was his or yours. I'll contact Steve and see what he has on hand.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: