Fast Running Blog
March 29, 2024, 07:25:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Garmin 305 Powering Up Issues  (Read 6569 times)
Kelli
Vocal Lurker

« on: April 24, 2009, 12:48:17 pm »

Okay, I know the solution of holding the mode and reset button, but it is not working.  There is not beep when you push power.  I plug it in, nothing.  Unplug it, plug it in and it says it is charging.  Wait until it says it is charged, unplug it, won;t start.  Try the reset thing, won't work.  Plug it back in, nothing.  Un plug it, push button, nothing.  Just as I am plugging it back in, it all of the sudden turns on.  Then still says it is charging.  Then nothing, AND SO ON.  WHAT THE HECK?HuhHuh?  This is my husbands Garmin that we just bought in December.  We already have my crappy, only partially functioning Garmin (mode does not work, less than 2 years old) and now his is not working.

ANY SUGGESTIONS???  We are currently on hold with customer service, 35 minute wait.  But we have to leave, so we will try calling later.  I just thought some of you smarites out there might have some suggestions for us.
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 03:01:02 pm »

Use Course Tool + $15 Walmart watch. Does not need to be charged, distance and elevation measured more accurately, lasts just as long (Garmin battery eventually dies), watch software is too simple to bug out on you, if Course Tool bugs out I will fix it, and the cost of replacement is $15.
Kelli
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 08:52:34 pm »

Use Course Tool + $15 Walmart watch. Does not need to be charged, distance and elevation measured more accurately, lasts just as long (Garmin battery eventually dies), watch software is too simple to bug out on you, if Course Tool bugs out I will fix it, and the cost of replacement is $15.

Call me dumb, but what is Course Tool?
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 06:48:27 am »

Kelli- it is a link from FRB, Sasha made a mapping tool for running.  Like Google maps, but for running.

I can't give any advise on the watch, other than to talk to Garmin.  I've heard from lots of people who have been very happy with the service- free batteries, replacing broken watches, etc.
Kelli
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 03:25:52 pm »

Kelli- it is a link from FRB, Sasha made a mapping tool for running.  Like Google maps, but for running.

I can't give any advise on the watch, other than to talk to Garmin.  I've heard from lots of people who have been very happy with the service- free batteries, replacing broken watches, etc.

DA, I knew that!  Thanks.

We were on hold with Garmin for over 20 minutes, but had to go.  We will keep trying, cause GUESS WHAT?  Now mine is doing the same thing.  I wonder if it has something to do with our charger.  (Well, mine won;t come on at all, actually!)
Jeff
Lurker

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 07:22:17 am »

could somebody post the link to this Course Tool? I searched and came up empty.
Thanks,
allie
Posting Member

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 08:10:48 am »

jeff - the course tool button is on the sidebar of the workout calendar screen. just log-in and you will see the column on the left-hand side of your screen. sixth from the bottom.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 11:16:28 am »

I like to use mapmyrun.com, cause it has a "follow roads" feature.  But I have used the course tool on occasion since we can permanently save routes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: