Fast Running Blog
March 28, 2024, 12:17:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pain on the inside of the right kneecap  (Read 4250 times)
Eric Jeppsen
Lurker

« on: April 15, 2011, 11:07:10 pm »

I've been running for a year or change, and during that time I've been plagued with knee injuries. The first injury was runner's knee, followed by repeated occurrences of ITBS. Recently I've developed a new pain on the inside of my right knee. When I stand and bend my right knee, I feel the pain pretty noticeably on the inside of the knee right around the knee cap. When I push the inside of the kneecap with my finger, I feel some mild tenderness, almost like I have a small bruise on the patella. Has anyone else experienced or heard of an injury like this?
jtshad
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 03:59:26 pm »

Sounds like "runer's knee" or Chondromalacia.  A pretty common pain that can be remedied with some rest, icing and short term use of ibuprofen. 

http://www.webmd.com/pain-management/knee-pain/runners-knee

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/patelladisorders/a/chondromalacia.htm

Joe
Lurker

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 02:23:05 pm »

That's exactly where my runner's knee showed up.  The cartilage is wearing out right there.  I took glucosamine and was cured in a couple weeks.  In fact, I stopped taking it for a couple months and it came back; back on it and it went away.  It contains the building blocks for cartilage and helps repair the knee.  So I've been keeping it up since then with no problems.  In the meantime, avoid stairs and things that necessitate bending the knee too much with weight on it.
James Moore
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 03:03:15 pm »

Yeah that sounds like Chondromalacia. You can treat this with NSAIDS, but rest is pretty important too. To avoid knee injuries make sure you are in the right shoes and make sure that your knee are strong.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: